Subject: [Leica] OT: DSLR advice....Leica glass on 20D
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon Jul 31 08:05:01 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 10:17 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> I use the 100mm Apo Macro on my Canon 1DII, and on the 20D before
> that. It works great, and I actually plan to post an image taken
> with this combination in my PAW 30 coming up later today or tomorrow.
>
> I have also dabbled with other Leica lenses on the Canons, but in
> the end kept only the Apo Macro.
>
> Among the Canon lenses I have tried, I really like the 2.8/16-35mm
> L and the 2.8/200mm L. The 2.8/24-70mm is also very handy and in
> fact serves as my normal lens much of the time, but its image
> quality is not quite as good as the other two I mentioned. For low
> light I use the 1.4/35mm L and I am extremely happy with it. In the
> past I have also owned the 1.8/85mm (non-L, only about $300) and
> that lens was also very good. There is a 1.2/85mm L which I believe
> Tina has and that is supposed to be quite a lens as well.
>
> Nathan

Thanks, Nathan.  I'm getting some helpful feedback from list members,
and I'll check out your website again.

I'm having an attack of "digititis," feeling somewhat overwhelmed by
the options available, AND by the process of learning how to use
something new....

Ken
-----------------------------------
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn