Subject: [Leica] M7 or MP?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jul 31 13:47:24 2006

Philippe Orlent asked:
> Not sure which of both I'd choose.
> Any pro's/cons?
> I did my Googling homework, but prefer to hear real feedback from people I
> kinda know.
> I very rarely use a flash.
> And it's not about wether or not going digital and forgetting about analog
> since obsolete in a few years.<<<<

Philippe,
Hands down the M7 period, no question! Batteries or not makes no difference
simply because anyone using a camera with batteries of any type is stupid if
he or she doesn't carry a spare set in their pocket. No different than
always have a spare roll in your pocket even if you have 20 rolls in the
equipment bag!

The M7 can be used photographing people faster than you can spit! Just take
a look at our book, "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of Their Work" if you
want proof of what can be done with an M7 with next to no fiddling or
screwing around adjusting shutter speeds and apertures.

Just set it on AE lock and blaze away and 99.9999999999% will be right on
the mark excellent neg or slide. Or are so close a touch of tweaking and
you'll have a print right on the mark.

In my book for photographing people not one other Leica of any make can
touch it! Period!

ted

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] M7 or MP?)
Message from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] M7 or MP?)