Subject: [Leica] Re: OT: DSLR advice....Leica glass on 20D
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Mon Jul 31 14:21:25 2006

> First, I thank the folks who responded to my request for some advice
> on getting a DSLR.
>
> Next, I'm looking at a Canon 20D and want some feedback on using
> Leica glass.  I know some of you listers use the 20D with Leica
> glass, but I can't recall who.
>
> Also, for you folks who use Canon glass, which lenses, in the wide to
> normal range, do you like best?
I've used in Canon DSLR bodies the 21-35 Leica R zoom, the 28-70mm Leica
R zoom, the 180mm f2,8 Leica and the 60mm Makro Leica. Results as well
as expected but not very comfortable lacking AF. I became very lazy. I
like and use following Canon lenses:14 and 15mm F2,8. The 16-35mm f2.8
is not up to the Leica R wide zoom but much better than his unjustified
urban legend says. The 24-70mm and 24-105mm Canon zooms seem to me
formidable zooms under the point of view of resolution but have lots of
not vignetting or distortion, fortunately repaired with PS. I like very
much the Canon 100-400mm IS a true comfortable zoom with his image
stabilization. I regret very much Leica does not go for the full frame
way so my camera now is the Canon EOS 5D. My 1Ds MkII is too big and too
weighty. I hope this help.

Regards.

F?lix.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Re: OT: DSLR advice....Leica glass on 20D)