Subject: [Leica] Interesting 50mm variation (eBay shame?)
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Thu Aug 3 02:13:57 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 9:32 PM, Ric Carter wrote:

> You've got me thinking. I've never bought anything from that site.
> I'm just chicken s*** with my money.
>
> How does one shop safely there? Is there a way to pretty much
> guarantee safe transactions?
>
> Thanks to any of you for advice.

Mornin', Ric,

I'm in the same position as Dave, and others.  I've had only one
"bad" experience, if you can call it that, in buying on ebay, and
that was really my fault.  (I didn't read all the fine print!)

So, read all the fine print!   :-)

I've never gotten an item that I thought was grossly misrepresented
as far as condition or quality was concerned.  On the contrary, I've
gotten some items that I thought were in much better condition than
represented.

I've nearly always asked questions.  If I don't get an answer from
the seller, then the deal is off, for me.

Most sellers I've bought from appreciate good communication and are
willing to work with you.

If it's too good to be true, then it's not true!

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn