Subject: OT; was Re: [Leica] Some China photos
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Aug 3 21:45:15 2006

> Jeez! Let us know when to buy stock.

Oh, I didn't invent it. I just bought the pieces and followed instructions
from the net to get them to work together. D-Link makes the main box, OEM
for Kyocera, who market it as their KR-1 EVDO Router. Add a 1xEV-DO PCMCIA
card (I used Kyocera KPC650), a service contract with Verizon, and flash a
new ROM using microcode from booster-antenna.com. Configure the thing as you
would any other NATting access point.

I am still trying to get used to the concept that I can go almost anywhere I
want, and connect to the Internet at megabit speeds.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) (OT; was Re: [Leica] Some China photos)