Subject: [Leica] prayer for the weekend...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun Aug 6 09:30:53 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 7:28 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Yup - nice window - similar to windows in Paris, NY, Boston, and
> I'll bet
> even St, Petes....But it seems to me to be worthy of being
> considered the
> work of the photographer, rather than the nightshirt maker, the
> photo has to
> convey something special....In general, signs, shirts, etc., are
> 'cheap
> shots.'

I would never take advantage of a cheap shot...well almost... :-)

but...

again...

as someone noted, with great sensitivity,  it was the setting of the
crowded, busy window... and the shirt....

waiting for my prince it said,

to get me out of here...

rescue me...

set me free...

Steve

> I am not calling Dr. B, whose work I admire and whom I consider a
> friend, a 'cheap shot' artist - as I said, I greatly admire his two
> previous
> offerings, among others. But this one falls flat for me.

I'm sorry...  it got to me based on the whole feeling of the location/
environment where that shirt found itself...

if that did not come across in the image, it is my failure..

Steve