Subject: [Leica] Re: Cape Town Jazz, Photos
From: profmason at yahoo.com (John Mason)
Date: Tue Aug 8 01:57:33 2006

Arche wrote:

> I have been watching your gallery though, and while
> you've traded one kind of smoky venue for another,
> the work is equally impressive.

Smoky and noisy.  I'll take the tire smoke over
cigarettes, but between the jazz and the motors it's
hard to choose.

Thanks for the kind words, Arche.  You're making me
blush.

> I hope you're enjoying yourself

Oh, yes.  A certain amount of work, a certain amount
of hanging out with old friends.

BTW, I've added a few photos from last night's jam
session.

This one captures what is to me the vibe of the
Swinger's jams:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SwingersJuly2006/DarrylAndrews

Here, as so often, I'm trying to emulate the classic
jazz photography of Roy DeCarava and Chuck Stewart:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/SwingersJuly2006/TenorSax02

Cheers from wet and windy Cape Town.  --John

J Mason
Charlottesville, Virginia

DEMOCRACY OF SPEED, a Photo Documentary Project:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ds8s/john-m/john-m.html