Subject: [Leica] Hand Baggage - On Question left...
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Aug 11 12:17:50 2006

Hi Frank!

You wrote:

>Get Insurance.  If not, prepare to lose whatever is inside your bag,
>and get paid for a claim of only a small fraction of its worth.
>
>What insurance?  Where?  How much?  Those are the type of questions
>to get responses to.....and fast.....

"All risk" insurance, I have.  However, what I don't have is the
desire to make a claim. I'd rather have my gear, when I get there!

>The whole concept/idea/lunacy of thinking that you can put a case
>that has had explosive nitrates into an airplane in this era, is
>beyond my comprehension.... it was a joke, right?

Not entirely - though it was offered with my tongue firmly planted in my
cheek!

The case is real and would be good for the purpose. I understand that
it has contained explosive, though not for many years.  It should be
possible to clean it to a satisfactory level, though, I'd rather not
have to worry about such things when I get to the airport.

Fortunately, I have found a better case, without a history of
nitrates, which will work.  Problem solved!  :-)

I'm still wondering about locks, on flights which do not involve the
USA and it's TSA rules.

Cheers!
---

David Young,