Subject: [Leica] K-mount lenses on K100D
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Aug 11 13:10:57 2006

SonC wrote:

>Just set it to Aperture Preferred and the camera will set the shutter
 speed.
>You can also use manual that way. If I recall, a little light meter opens
 in
>the eyepiece.

I want to be careful here, because I'm not sure all versions of the *ist
work the same, BUT, with my DL at least, here's how it works:

First, set the custom menu setting to aperture "Permitted" as Sonny wrote.
Then, if you set the camera to Av mode, the meter will work with the K
lenses, BUT it won't stop down during exposure, so all pix will be shot wide
open regardless of how you set the aperture ring.  (Try it for yourself to
see).  This would be fine in very low light if you wanted to shoot wide open
anyway, but not in daylight.  BUT, you can use the lens in manual mode,
metering either with the camera (push the off-on switch all the way to the
right and you'll be in stop-down metering), or with a hand meter.  This way
the lens WILL stop down to the preselected aperture setting when you shoot.
Basically it'll be like using any manual camera.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] K-mount lenses on K100D)