Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Leica] Will is win big?]
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sat Aug 12 10:04:53 2006

Some historians have researched religion enough to put a finger on
intolerance and fanaticism. More often than not Christianity seems to
take top honors as the most intolerant. That notwithstanding, it seems
we have no trouble falling into the  trap of racial prejudice. Old
Golda's statement about Arabs not loving their children enough is a
prime example.

Having covered new events from about 1968 to the mid 90's opened my eyes
and ruined me for polite company .The most unnerving situations  I
recall revolved around religion or patriotism. Christian fundamentalists
are some scary folks and super patriots are as well. I remember seeing a
disable Viet vet jumped at a pro/anti war rally. He was roughed up by
"real Americans" with flags and bibles who supported  the
"anti-commie"  stance of our leaders. (Nixon at that time) Poor fellow
made the mistake of being on the wrong side. Of course, something about
getting shot may change your political outlook?

This previous scene just popped into my head but I always joke around
about having shot everything there is to shoot. I'm sure that isn't
really true but I do have a hard time putting my finger on things I've
not covered. Bart may well be correct in his assessment of
Islamofascists (now that's a neat word I've not seen before) but I'll
take non-believers over any fundamentalists, hands down. One solution
I've advocated several times would surely work well.

             Take a bevy of Zionists. Add an equal amount of
ChristCommandos.
             Flavor with assorted brands of Islamofascists and add sharp
sticks.
             Come back in a week to see who has the best god.

To keep on track since this is about photography my Rapidwinder is a
fantastic tool. I was kidding about 3 frames a sec but who knows, a bit
of practice and.....

Walt