Subject: [Leica] Rabinerisms
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Tue Aug 15 06:46:55 2006

Mark is one of the reasons I can't stay away from the LUG for long.
It was a real pleasure to finally meet him at the LHSA spring shoot
in Victoria. A few of my favourites:

"That's not bokeh, that's my kids!"

"You could argue the guy was in the way and was preventing you from
exorcizing your freedom of expression and or the press so you had to
gun him
down to get the proper line of site but they just wouldn't probably
listen."

And my all time favourite:

"Once i was sitting in a just opened hip restaurant eating an
omelette in the
morning.
On the wall over my table was a mezzo print of a forklift with
interesting
brown
stains all over it.
It looked pretty familiar.
I had taken it.
They got it out of my garbage can.
One of the busboys was they guy who did it and freely admitted it.
I think at the time i was flattered and I'm still flattered.
As the print was RC and not fixed or washed it is certainly gone now.
It was good for eating omelettes.
The restaurant is gone now too.
Portland Oregon has been leveled.
It's all new high rises now. All my favorite places are gone."

Replies: Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Rabinerisms)
Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] Rabinerisms)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Rabinerisms)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] A night on Route 119 - Dead German - No Head)