Subject: [Leica] Chasing lights...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Aug 15 21:32:28 2006

At 09:10 PM 8/15/2006, Ted Grant wrote:

>>:-) By this time, it is totally dark, so I was just propping the camera
>>up on railings to get 6-10 seconds exposures. This particular railing is
>>slanted. Obviously the picture doesn't work for anyone except me, I am OK
>>with that.<<<
>
>Hi Richard,
>Using the railing is fine, just pick one that's straight! ;-)

:-) That wasn't any level railings, but I got your point!

>Last year in Lisbon I did a great number of exposures putting the camera
>on cobble stone streets at night and tripping the shutter on "time and ASA
>100 aperture 22" and let the camera decide what the exposure was! I know
>sacrilegious for some folks! :-)

The other thing I was trying is exactly that. I said, "Screw it. Who cares
about reciprocal failure and this and that, I am going to just let the M7
do its thing" and shot them all auto-exposure. While the photos are of
dubious quality, the exposure is pretty darn good :-) I extended
development from 10:15 to 10:30 (so minor that I suppose it doesn't make a
difference there) to compensate, but really can't complain much, exposure
wise.

>[snip] ....
>Bottom line? It's all about fun and enjoying ourselves as amateur or a
>pro! If we aren't having fun successfully or as a disaster at times, what
>the hell's the point of doing it. :-)
>
>Just keep on shooting doing what you enjoy trying things that may or may
>not work and the enjoyment of photography will always be there. And for
>heaven sake for all of us whatever you do..... do not take it so seriously
>that you can't take a comment you're not happy with!...[snip]

Thank you sir. I do only try to show what I think are "the best"
(nowadays). I understand the value of taking in constructive criticism,
which is the sole reason I post pictures here. There are gems in these
LUGgers, I say.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Chasing lights...)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Chasing lights...)