Subject: [Leica] Linhof Metrika 45!!!!?!?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 16 13:37:05 2006

I think if they had to redesign the tops of the Dorian columns on some of
those facades and have have the dimensions of all the bricks be put into
databases this camera is in order. And works in the macro measurement mode
closer in I think I saw. Apparently goes far beyond what you could get with
the 100 on the Hasselblad and this one has two different lenses which can be
used. One is widish and more practical for architectural measurement.

Speaking of the 100 on the Hassy there a Leica M or R lens which has specs
close enough for such measurement usages? Or is "close enough" not close
enough in the measurement usage area when they are looking for something
more in the area of total precision?
I'd think one of our M or R APO Asphyxiations would be in the running. The
75 maybe?
And it didn't say where to buy 5 inch roll film. How many on a roll? Does it
come in Tri-X? :)

I assume the measurements of the Metrika is in the metric system.
I'm waiting for a version done in English units.
The Engrika. Feets do your stuff!

> I'll happily keep on using my Cambo Wides. About
> 8 ounces for the camera body, but no nice roll
> film vacuum back. Grafmatics work fine; in fact,
> I usually get better film flatness with the
> Grafmatics than the double holders, as long as
> the septums are good. Not vacuum flat, though.
>
> Look at what else 'new' Linhof has to offer:
>
> http://www.linhof.de/english/kameras/technorama/outdoor.html
>
> Wouldn't some of those make good, outdoor street shooting cameras? :-)

Mark Rabiner L.S.M.F.T.

Bethpage, Long Island, NY 11710
40?44'48" N 73?29'4" W