Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Times-Picayune Photojournalist Arrested After Chase
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Aug 17 19:59:33 2006

You do have to give them a hell of alot of credit for that.
Mental illness is so debilitating for some people, it would
be a God send to have all LE cut them all a little slack when
their conditions worsen to this level.

I'm no goody two shoes, but I took in a homeless guy for
a week when my wife was out of town on business. (He
played a mean bango and liked computer programming!).

He had alot of sad stories to tell about the hard time that
the schizophrenics, in particular, had on the streets. It was
weird, we'd walk around and he'd know the diagnoses for
many of the homeless folk that we'd see on the street. These
worse cases won't go to shelters because they're paranoid
about all the *other* crazy people there. Whew! That's a
tough nut to crack.  The last thing to which they're likely to
respond rationally is a gun pointed at them. Their fight/flight
kicks in and they can't take any stress and they just go
haywire..  Sad, sad, sad.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35