Subject: [Leica] Re: Viewfinder line
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Aug 18 09:19:52 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Bernard asks:

>> One thing that I notice is that the view finder is really bright
>> and the lens really small! (the same size of a collapsed 50 mm
>> elmar!)
>>  One question: in the view finder composition lines there is, in
>> the top, a not continue line. What is the use of it?

It probably is there for a close up parallax warning. Because the
viewfinder is slightly above the lens, the fields of view are not
quite the same when shooting at close distances. Most non adjustable
auxiliary viewfinders incorporate frame limit lines for pictures
taken at close distances. You would have to read the manual to see
the distance the frame line is set for. At longer ranges the
difference in the field of view between the lens and the viewfinder
is negligible.

Larry Z