Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Tue Aug 22 03:40:31 2006

On Aug 22, 2006, at 2:16 AM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> If you're familiar with that drive I'd appreciate your sharing your
> thoughts - not to mention any particularly wonderful photo
> opportunities.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts.

Adam,

I've done the Parkway, or parts of it, several times, and lived in
Greeneille, TN, for a while.  I think if I were going to do it again,
and I might, I would get on at the Route 77 intersection, just north
of Cumberland Knob, where the Parkway crosses into North Carolina.
The drive south from there takes you to the southern end of the
Parkway, right at I-40, just south of Asheville, and that area is
chock full of good photo ops.    IMO, this section of the Parkway is
far more scenic than the section north of it, in Virginia.

I would plan my trip to get on the Parkway there some time in the
morning, because the drive is relatively slow, even in a Corvette,
and it will take you several hours to make the drive.

FWIW, you'll also get to see some of the acid-rain ruined forests.  :-(

Enjoy it anyway!

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)