Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 22 08:35:04 2006

At 11:13 AM 8/22/2006, you wrote:
If he travels the southern section I mentioned, he will find lots of
>pee stops, official and unofficial.  :-)  There are lots of well-
>maintained camp sites along that section, as well as secluded spots.
>The last time I drove it (three summers ago, with my grandkids), it
>was eerily deserted. . . very little traffic.
>
>Ken

You weren't there in October!  It's bumper to bumper with the leaf
peepers then.  The rest of the year it's pretty quiet even though the
Great Smoky National Park is the most visited national park in the
USA.  There's lots of room in those mountains for visitors.  The
wildflowers and rhododendrons are spectacular in the spring, too.

Adam, you can download a map with all of the mileposts from this
website:  http://www.nps.gov/blri/pphtml/maps.html
It also has lots of information about what to see and do.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)