Subject: [Leica] M8 a bit lighter
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Aug 26 23:14:00 2006

You may well be right Adam and no question that it is no original image a
posted.
I'm just hoping it approximates the actual product.
If you saw the excerpt from the alleged window showing some more of the
"brochure" you even more so, either think it's a real release or an
elaborate construct. I loved the other comment from someone involving a
Chinese spy and a Holga or some such!
Still we're nowhere near the bordering on bizarre speculation on the LUF (on
viewfinder magnification, for example). Personally, I like the way Zeiss
managed this with their slowly updated hints in site banners etc followed by
an accidental reveal of the content. I'm referring to their new manual focus
lens series for Nikon etc.
Back on the M8, who could not want a big bright RF finder on a digital, new
wider primes and zoom etc. Basically an M that happens to capture on a
sensor, except for Jim Hememway, who wants it all on an R!

Bring it on,
I say.

Cheers
Speculative Hoppy