Subject: [Leica] Pictures of the new TRI-Elmar and sensational new finder
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Aug 27 13:57:56 2006

 From a reliable source:

http://mogool.com/transfer/TRI-ELMAR-16-18-21.JPG

The Tri-Elmar's widest aperture is f4 as guessed in my previous post.
Looks slightly fatter than the 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar.

But the more sensational thing seems to be this new finder. Looks
like the framelines are switchable. The wheel at the top front seems
to have indexes for 28-24-21-18-16 (that's all variations of the new
tri-elmar for fullframe and cropped). Can't really read the indexes
of the wheel behind it. Are these focal lengths or distance marks?
The index closest to the back seems to be an infinity sign, but I'm
not shure. I expect the parallax is likely adjusted with the weel at
the bottom, close to the hotshoe mount? Does the top wheel behind
eventually offer even more framelines for other focal lengths?

Didier

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Pictures of the new TRI-Elmar and sensational new finder)
Reply from lists at sololeicas.com (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Pictures of the new TRI-Elmar and sensational new finder)
Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Pictures of the new TRI-Elmar and sensational new finder)