Subject: [Leica] Pictures of the new TRI-Elmar and sensational new
From: ausdlk at swbell.net (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Aug 28 03:26:41 2006

>I'm one of the few who really thinks the previous Tri-Elmar is sensational.
>True, it is slow, but for picture quality and versatility on the street (or
>on a trip), it is marvelous.

If we're in the minority, Jeffery, then I guess I don't get it.

I'm looking at my M7 with the first version T-E attached and that rarely
gets removed.

It is the perfect M lens.

I actually think that the new T-E is too wide. But I will probably buy one
as I will be one of the first lucky dogs to get my hands on an M8 at the
Leica Akademie after Photokina and the LHSA event, and already have a
deposit securing two M8's.

Maybe I'll forego the second body for the lens...

Dave.
--
David Keenan, ausdlk@swbell.net on 8/28/2006
http://www.david-keenan.com   (prototype personal photo site - comments