Subject: [Leica] External Hard Drives - Combining FW400 and 800 OK?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Aug 28 08:04:15 2006

The 80 GB internal drive in my iMac G5 is about full and it's time to
add external storage.  Based on recent discussions here, I'm planning
on adding two 250 or 320 GB external disks in a RAID 1 configuration.
My iMac G5 has two Fire Wire 400 ports, one of which is dedicated to
my scanner.

Many of the newer drives come with only one FW400 port and two FW800 ports.

Is is acceptable to connect one of the drives via FW400 to the iMac
and then daisy chain the second disc into the system using FW800?

Many thanks.
--
Regards,

Dick