Subject: [Leica] Shoot Digitally.....with a camera even!
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Tue Aug 29 12:23:24 2006

Here's part of a blog I posted a few months ago
at
http://northcoastphotos.com/Lympa-2006-04-30.htm
about the "camera as computer."

" Olympus not only bucked the bigger-is-better
trend of DSLRs, but has also given us the ability
to view a potential photograph from perspectives
other than just through an optical prism. That
LCD Live View screen, which flips at various
angles, has given me pictures I could have
otherwise never done
<http://northcoastphotos.com/Lympa_2006_03_20.htm#OverRoof>(see
the helicopter lighthouse "periscope" shot). Now
if only that screen would rotate too, giving
portrait mode LCD flip screen view.

But why stop with an LCD that flips and twists?
Wireless is the future, right? Why not put the
LCD in my glasses, right there in front of my
eye, no matter where I point the camera? Just
transmit the image a couple of feet from camera
to me. Who is working on that right now? It makes
perfect sense to me that such a function could be
done just with the technology available right
now. Let's see it! Instead, non-Olympus
professional cameras have not even taken the
first step away from the traditional film body
design. Indeed, this is still your father's Oldsmobile, Canon and Nikon! "

And I might add, it still appears to be your
father's Leica. When are pro DSLR's going to stop
being like the early motor cars that still had splash guards for the horses?

Gary Todoroff
(Tree LUGger)