Subject: [Leica] Katrina relief pin-up calendar--Bro Nagin
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 29 18:52:09 2006

At 06:56 PM 8/29/2006, you wrote:
>(4) Katrina was worse than Camille. I don't think
>anyone believed that we could be hit with something worse than Camille.
>
>Jeffery Smith

I was living in Buras, LA, south of New Orleans, during Camille.  We
evacuated and the house we were renting right on the Mississippi was
not badly damaged but I'll never forget seeing all of those coffins
floating around when we came back.  The water stayed in the saucer
between the bayou levees and the Mississippi River levees for weeks.
I was teaching in Plaquemines Parish and the whole school year was
canceled, but it was still nothing compared to Katrina. We went back
to visit after Katrina and there's nothing left.  I couldn't even
find where the house used to be. My favorite place for oysters,
Tom's, was gone, too.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com