Subject: [Leica] New gallery up CHIPMUNK & RAISINS :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Aug 31 07:28:31 2006

Hoppy asked:
Subject: RE: [Leica] New gallery up

> Ted a very fine sip of your work. I want to know exactly what that
> squirrel
> was doing to the Leicaflex.<<<
> http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/leicated/ <<

Hoppy,
Like I said it's tough getting good help so the Chipmunk was helping by
releasing the shutter when I threw him a raisin. ;-) Well OK there were
raisins involved. ;-)

OK here's how to do this.

1/ you need three Leica SLR's  Well OK eh, I had to have one to take the
picture of the other two and assistant. ;-)

2/ An assignment to shoot up a storm in a National Park with lots of wild
life critters. In particular Chipmunks. :-)

3/ A bag of raisins in your shoulder bag to entice the critters.  Raisins
are an essential part of being a photographer because they're about the only
thing you can keep in a zip-lock sack in your camera bag up to 3 months
before they try to escape.;-) Obviously to relieve the hungries no matter
where or when.

Find a spot, usually around a camping area where the little guys hang out
for scraps of food.

4/ Take two cameras and bait them with raisins stuck around the view finder,
or in the hot shoe, between shutter speed dial and prism, at the back right
by the eye piece wherever you can get them up to the camera. You only need a
few in strategic locations.

Put cameras out, then start throwing a few raisins to entice them closer.

5/ A long lens so you can sit back and wait and you'll get all kinds of
assistant's for a handful of raisins! :-) Beats the hell out of peanuts!
I've tried and they fall off, the raisins stick. ;-)

And that's about it. Oh yeah you do have to clean off stickies from cameras
as soon as you finish. :-)

This is one photo of a 3 picture series that it looks like he's setting the
camera,  checking out the lens. But it's easy, just takes a little patients
and raisins. ;-)

> http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/leicated/ <<

I don't imagine it would be a cool thing to try with Kangaroos! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] New gallery up CHIPMUNK & RAISINS :-))