Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Sat Sep 2 09:07:17 2006

Sorry for being late to this topic.

Aram, your results reflect the exact same comparison I made three
years ago last April with a Canon 10D. I have not shot a frame of
film since then, digital has been better in the areas that matter to
me since then, and has only gotten better and better since.

Having said that, I would be interested in seeing a comparison with
the DMR. I suspect it would show significantly better results than
the Sony. For the list folks, remember that Sony is not bottom-end,
and the Zeiss designed lenses are no slouch either.

The anti-aliasing effects of film grain does more damage to the image
than most realize. As Ted and I have been saying for years now.

This does not, IMO, mean a person cannot like the look film produces.

Will von Dauster