Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 2 22:21:39 2006

In a message dated 9/2/06 7:58:34 PM, jgovindaraj@eth.net writes:

<< I really think that Nikon

made a huge mistake, keeping the F mount constant,  as generally

everyone keeps cribbing about this, and not realising how unique it is. >>

Oh, I realize. I just don't see how hard it would have been to make the
older, non-AF lenses usable, in at least aperture-preferred mode, on a
mid-grade
digital, if it could be done on the  autofocus N70 and N90 (but not on
subsequent consumer-level AF film cameras, including the, supposedly more
advanced, N80.

But enough OT carping.  At the moment I'm learning to effectively use my new
(well, very old, but new to me) M6!

Bart