Subject: [Leica] Leica History Question - Famous Non-Documentary, "Artsy" Leica Shooters
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Sep 4 00:31:11 2006

Valid questions. By no means do I have an exhaustive knowledge
of Kertesz work, but the National Gallery had a big show and I
snagged the catalog (is that what it's called?)

There were some street shots, but most of the photos weren't
documentary. There are the nudes in the funhouse mirror,
many portraits, the famous plate and fork.  Stuff like that -
just off the top of my head.

Eggleston? I don't know how to characterize his work, But
he got the very first MOMA show of color photography in
the museum's history, so I throw him into the fine art camp.

Scott