Subject: [Leica] Leica history question
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Sep 4 14:55:49 2006

Scott M. wrote:
>That's cooler than having been at Woodstock  :-)
>
>I didn't know about this DVD. I've got to see if Netflix has it.

There were a lot more people at Woodstock ;-).  Another cool thing is that I
got to meet Szarkowski briefly.  He just walked up and introduced himself.
I think he was curious about the Memphis folks that showed up.

Netflix has the "Real World" DVD.  It's pretty weird -- very "up close and
personal" -- maybe more than you'd like.  It sort of rambles and doesn't try
to explain anything.  It would mainly interest Eggleston fans.

There's another Eggleston DVD called "By the Ways" by a French team that
I've seen a bit of but not the whole thing.  Netflix doesn't have it yet.
I'm looking for it.

There's also a DVD coming out of Eggleston's own film "Stranded in Canton."
Parts of that are shown in the "Real World" DVD.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Leica history question)