Subject: [Leica] Which camera would you always carry on your pocket?
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 4 21:18:50 2006

In a message dated 9/4/06 2:58:44 PM, luisripoll@telefonica.net writes:

<< Some days ago I was reading B.D. recommendation to carry always a camera
on
your pocket ... I'm thinking on different possibilities and I would like to
know your
experiences and opinions. >>

I've had a lot of satisfaction (often a result of having the camera with me,
whereas I wouldn't have had a larger one because I wasn't really
anticipating
good shootng opportunities!), and very fine pictures, from my Nikon 35Ti.
It
has autofocus (in my experience quite accurate, with a clear in-finder
indication of the focusing spot) and a manual infinity setting); programmed
or
aperture-preferred matrix autoexposure, with +/- 2 stops compensation in 1/3
stop
increments; a "T" position for long timed exposures; a very sharp 35/2.8
Nikkor
lens that focuses to about 16 inches; a quite bright finder with normal,
closeup, and extreme closeup projected parallax-correction frames, the
latter of
which appear in the finder only when the camera focuses to within their
respective ranges, and a shutter speed readout; and a built-in flash (with
selectable
anti-redeye preflash) that can be set to default to autoflash or to no
flash,
with the opposite setting available by pushing a button rather than fooling
with the menus.  The body is solid titanium, and the camera is quite sturdy,
as
I have accidentally proven with a couple of drops.  The lens retracts into
the
body behind a sliding cover plate when the camera is turned off, making the
camera nearly, if not quite, as pocketable as my Rollei 35.  It has sexy
analog-needle displays of focusing distance, selected aperture, frame
number, and
exposure compensation, and they illuminate in red with the push of a button.
 It
takes readily available Li batteries to power the meter, shutter, and
(rather
loud :<( ) motor wind.  I find it a delight to use and handle, with a
density
and precision feel not unlike a Leica M camera!  Try one, you might like it!

Bart

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Which camera would you always carry on your pocket?)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Which camera would you always carry on your pocket?)