Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW week 35 From the shadow side
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Sep 5 10:52:45 2006

:-) I've been wearing them since about 1973, when I was covering D.C.
Superior Court and saw that many of the lawyers were wearing them so I
adopted them as protective coloration. The fact that I wear them proved to
be a terrific icebreaker when I interviewed then-Surgeon General C. Everett
Koop for a profile piece in the Newsday Sunday magazine. The fact that we
were both wearing bow ties lead to a whole discussion about bow ties, where
to get them, and why he started wearing them. (As a surgical resident he
quickly discovered that regular ties ended up in surgical wounds, while bow
ties didn't. ;-) )