Subject: [Leica] Some days...
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue Sep 5 17:47:36 2006

On 5 Sep 2006 at 14:11, Ted Grant wrote:

> I just checked Amazon at the above list address and they have 7 copies for
> the el-cheapo price of $2.35 now that's an absolute you can't beat for a
> deal price. :-)

Ah, but Amazon doesn't have an instore cat, and that's a dealbreaker
for me.  Good bookstores have cats.  Great bookstores have cats that
sit next to you or on your lap while you read the merchandise.  (My
favorite local bookstore has Tex Libris, a ginormous grey and white
Maine Coon who's the best salesman they've got. I'm a "lap" customer.
He may be a brother, but still and all he's HEAVY... but to a certain
demographic he's worth his weight in platinum.)

Powell's has a cat.  Or several.

> You being a Texas boy and all you'll find it well worth the $2.35! ;-)
> Forget your book store they generally want to sell "new". :-)

Powell's is kind of an an exception to that particular rule.  New,
Used, it's all in there together... and I've come to trust their
"used" ratings.    The only experiences I've had going through the
Amazon network have been bad ones.  (and it looks to me like the
amazon copies are all pretty rough except for the one in the UK....
I'll wait.  Not like I don't already have more books than I've time
for...)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com