Subject: [Leica] PESO....NYC on Labor Day weekend
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Tue Sep 5 21:20:07 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 12:07 AM, G Hopkinson wrote:

> There must be an interesting story behind Noguchi.

There is.  The museum was originally his warehouse and workshop.  At
some point the decision was made to convert it to a museum.  It is
probably one of the better large sculpture museums I've seen.  His
work is powerful and really needs to be seen close-up.  And, the tour
guide was one of the best guides I've ever encountered.  Her tour was
excellent, interactive, and she was very knowledgeable about
Buckminster Fuller.  He and Noguchi had a long-standing friendship
and working relationship.

> I hope the lady on the subway had someone looking out for her
> interests.

I think the weather was too bad for anybody to care much one way or
the other.  Most of us were soaked by the time we got on the subway.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Current Leica Photography (in move to new gallery)
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r