Subject: [Leica] Shidara Taiko workshop performance
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Sep 6 16:24:22 2006

Richard:

>So no one likes my photo? May be as usual, I posted too many pics?

I clicked on a few and then moved on.  I've found that to be the case when I
post pictures, as well.  Post too many, and people's eyes tend to glaze
over.  :)

>Anyway, I really like the lighting on this one:
>http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7775

I see some potential there.  For me, the lighting isn't that great because
it's not directing my gaze at the drummer.  My eye goes first to the drum.
It's the lightest object.  Then, I go to something circular on the wall in
the upper left.  At first, I thought it was a bouncing ball.  Right behind
the left lady's head.  Seems to line up perfectly with the drummer and the
drum, like it's flying back.  No, it's just part of the background.  After
that, the next most noticeable thing to me is the lady in the white tank top
with the great rim-lighting on her arms and hair.  She's better lit than the
main subject.

Now that I'm looking around some more, I see the guys holding the drum.
Check out the cool light on their faces!  Wonder if that would have made an
interesting detail shot.  Just the drum and those two guys.  My eyes would
go from the drum to their well-lit faces, especially the guy's furthest on
the right.

I like the one that Philippe singled out:

http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7772&sort=1&size=medium&cat=3189

Looks like they're having fun!  I'd like to see a little more detail in
their faces so their eyes are more than just black holes, but their
excitement is fun to see.  I like how they both have their mouths open.  I
can almost hear them shouting as they drum.  Would be fun to have an audio
snippet to accompany this one.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/