Subject: [Leica] Shidara Taiko workshop performance
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Thu Sep 7 03:39:34 2006

Alastair, I always value your posts, but this one I have to say you may be
off your rocker just a tad :-) First of all, have you looked at my "Miraba"
series? Most at in fact 75 @ 1.4 so I know a little about DOF (although as
Don critiqued, I could have focus on different eye some times), but anyway,
while George and you are very good photographers, neither of the two
pictures you showed are when the subjects are moving thousand miles per
hour :-) Those Taiko players are dancing, running, shouting while playing
taiko. If I use a larger aperture, I would have gotten... nothing, and what
fun is that? :-)

Well, not that I disagree with you per se, I suppose. I will try some more
they are lethargic. Do you know these people (including the women) started
each day at 5AM with 300 sit ups and 100 push ups? They are very, um,
energetic...

As for slow loading, it's my daughter AND my wife bit-torrenting anime.
Grrr.... sucking up all the bandwidth..