Subject: [Leica] Steamtown additions now 4x5
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Thu Sep 7 07:48:08 2006

bill harting wrote:

> "I think you'd love shooting some of these beasts in large format. I
> shoot 4x5, and it is a pleasure to be able to work at that pace...."

Thanks, Bill.  I started searching for a 4 x 5 camera last night.  I'm
tempted to buy an old press camera, but figure I might want the swings
and tilts before long. (My very first "serious" camera as a kid was a 2
1/4 x 3 1/4 Miniature Speed Graphic -- I loved it).  Any suggestions?
I'd like a camera I can "grow" with.

Once I've acquired my new large format gear I'll certainly revisit
Steamtown...and I've got tons of other subjects in mind, too. I'm now
anxious to get started.  And you're right -- the relaxed pace of careful
setup and composition is very therapeutic.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Craig
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Steamtown additions now 4x5)