Subject: [Leica] Elmar or Summaron?
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Sep 8 14:52:14 2006

Ken,

I pondered this choice for a couple of years, and had doubts, first about
the early design of the Elmar, and second, about reports of internal haze in
most available Summarons.  Finally, I contacted Fedka about his stock of
Jupiter 12s.  I ended up purchasing a 1987 black J12 with caps and case from
him.  I shot some trial shots using my Imarect finder on my IIIf, and then
bought a CV metal 35mm finder.  I am very happy with this combination.  Most
of the airplane photos in my gallery were made with the J12.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Elmar or Summaron?)