Subject: [Leica] Elmar or Summaron?
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri Sep 8 18:48:22 2006

I've used both the Summaron and Elmar. Glad I got rid of the Elmar,
to a Japanese collector, no less. Too flat, and just not sharp enough
anywhere on the neg. I held on to the Summaron. My LTM kit is a 2.8cm
Hektor, 35mm Summaron, 50mm Elmar, and a 50mm Summitar. All used on a
IIIa.
The Hektor 2.8cm is an utterly primitive uncoated lens. Replicating
all it's 'problems', for that period look, with Photoshop would too
tedious.
I bumped into Nick Ut this week. I couldn't resist showing him the
IIIa with the Hektor. He wouldn't let it go once he got it into his
hands.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center