Subject: [Leica] Creating Thumbnails
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Sep 8 20:37:28 2006

When you put the first photo into an album, that photo becomes the album's
highlight.
As soon as the album has a highlight, then that in turn is used as the
photographer's highlight in the main gallery.

This isn't always what you want. So when you are looking at any display of
any album, and you see a thumbnail that you would like to be that album's
highlight, just go to the <<item actions>> menu. It will contain
        Delete Photo
        Edit Permissions
        Edit Photo
        Make Highlight
        Move Photo
Select "Make Highlight", and you'll get a page asking you what you want that
image to be the highlight of. Tell it, and you're done.

The main gallery pages (the ones that list each photographer's galleries)
are cached for 15 minutes, which means that if you change your topmost
highlight, the one for your gallery, it won't show up until that cached copy
expires 15 minutes later. That cacheing is very confusing, I realize, but
there are 17,000 photographs in the LUG Gallery, and so cacheing is a
performance necessity.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Creating Thumbnails)