Subject: [Leica] Re: ACDSee Pro buggy causing hard lock ups?
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sat Sep 9 05:17:02 2006

just an update: I uninstalled ACDSee Pro and still have problems.
I don't think ACDSee is the problem.

ACDSee used to be far more unstable. They have definitely improved it over
the years.
Although the PRO upgrade was $89, the color management does make a huge
difference (esp as I have many files in sRGB & Adobe RGB color space).

The batch tool is very nice. Not the best interface, but it lets you
do things Lightroom will do (when it runs faster). IE, like applying a
whitepoint from a graycard shot to an entire photo session. You can do this
with any file format, not just RAW (like Adobe Bridge)

Biggest bummer - and almost a deal killer: ACDSee Pro does NOT support all
DNG files. They do not support DNGs from the DMR. So I still have to use
Adobe Bridge..

Eric