Subject: [Leica] PAW 32 - Possibly not one for Ted ;-)
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat Sep 9 09:27:51 2006

2006-09-08-21:47:11 B. D. Colen:
> Me, I'm waiting for the HP B9180, which previews suggest will blow the 2400
> away....Due any day now...

I've been anxiously waiting lo these several months for that thing to
come out ever since my girlfriend took the fancy fine-art digital
printing course, and they had 2400s to work with.  The 2400 made
absolutely beautiful prints when it consented to work, but it didn't
really like to feed the thick cotton-rag papers so beloved of the fine
printing set, and there were apparently a few other annoying
peculiarities.  Their teacher, the apparently-well-known Stephen
Johnson, said the printer he really loved these days was the pre-release
HP B9180 which he'd been hooked up with for testing and comment.

(Up with which he'd been hooked?)

Watching this page

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/18972-236251-64340-15100-64340-1143049.html

I've seen it go from saying, "Coming soon!" to announcing a retail price
recently...  it should be showing up at vendors Real Soon Now.

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] PAW 32 - Possibly not one for Ted ;-))
Message from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] PAW 32 - Possibly not one for Ted ;-))