Subject: [Leica] Re: LTM lenses
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat Sep 9 13:26:14 2006

All polemics aside, try shooting one roll of film with Leica and
Canon optics. Then as they are drying, look for the  best contrast
and sharpness on that roll. I can bet you that the Canon images will
look washed out and soft next to the Leitz glass images. I've shot
with Canon lenses, some of their reputed best LTM. I found them
useless for serious work. Look at Karen's web site for more Canon LTM
myth busting by practical use.
You're in this deep into the Leica equipment, why step back into the
stone age with Canon LTM glass. These days, with the collector
driving up the cost of Canon glass, it makes the Leitz lens a better
buy.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center