Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sun Sep 10 09:30:21 2006

Gene, if your lens is the current f/4 lens not the old f/4.5, this lens
can be modified to fit the SL.  Mine was originally a ROM lens, now
converted to 3-cam.  You can also have the SL's 2nd cam added and the
SL's flange milled slightly (generally invisible); with these two
modifications the lens can be used on the SL and will still have the
ROM contacts.  Don Goldberg agrees that it should work, and that the
modifications are very simple and safe.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com