Subject: [Leica] More with the IIIF
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Sep 10 22:08:15 2006

> Luis,
>
> I enjoyed this series, the indoor shots most of all.
>
> Alastair said, on another list (the print exchange list) that it was
> uninspiring to take pictures around "home". It is difficult to
> visualize mundane sights. I enjoyed his attempt as well as I enjoy
> looking at your and Nathan's little tours.

I do find it sometimes hard to see what others might see in my own
surroundings. I suppose they become mundane. I used to spend all my time
trying to "eliminate" people from images of scenes, often because they
were "nothing special". I have learnt from this list to aggessively
"include" people in most images: everyone has a story and the life in
images adds something in "most cases". I will post a couple of Barcelona
images I developed over the weekend: environmental portraits which I think
are all the better for having "life".

Cheers

Alastair

Message from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] More with the IIIF)