Subject: [Leica] hoppys casual portrait revisited
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Sep 14 16:30:24 2006

Hi Philippe. Yes I have a good 24", regularly Spydered. My printer and
scanners are profiled too.
Just that the initial print output was fine to my excited eye, then I
down-sampled from my file to print at A4 16 bit 360 ppi TIFF
to the smaller 8 bit 90ppi jpg for a version to post. I very seldom bother
to assign the lesser sRGB profile for a post. For
brighter greens/ blues for example the result vs AdobeRGB is quite a bit
more subdued.
So for me, the print output is closely mirrored by that on screen here.
The differences and colour are clear and accurately reproduced on my screen
and of course in the prints. Both versions are marked
improvements over the original (un-posted) scan.

I plead over-enthusiasm, posting the first version without a "cooling off
period".

Learning all the time. It's good to be enthusiastic, coming back after years
of just casual photography and entering the M world.

Cheers
Hoppy