Subject: [Leica] Who needs an M8 when you have Neopan?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Sep 14 21:19:15 2006

Richard,
I like the third for the over the shoulder dog portrait and the last for the
gentle tones and expression in a lovely portrait.
I confess the background is a little distracting for me being so out of
focus that it looks odd or artificial. Personal taste and
opinion only.
But then I'm at the other end of the lens appreciation viewpoints where it
can't be too accurate or well corrected for me.
Still obviously a lens full of character and with a unique fingerprint. I'd
have that cleaned out ;-)
Kudos for being able to do anything with it at 1.4. I'd never have picked
this as a Nikkor. The same sort of spec in an old 50 for
the Nikon SLRs is a world apart from this.

Cheers
Hoppy