Subject: [Leica] Re BW modes
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Sep 15 05:53:31 2006

B.D., yes, got that you were championing original RAW capture.
I understand and agree from my limited knowledge.
I've only played with a couple of RAW files (from a D70 user) as an
educational exercise, but is it not only adding a channel mix
choice to the workflow? Meanwhile still preserving all of the RGB info as
options?
Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but is the sensor capture fundamentally not
b/w, with filters/alterations applied to produce the
three channels?
I can't see that actually being commercially viable to pursue but I can see
b/w as a minority output choice, being most versatile
coming from the three channels. Maybe I'm just overly b/w from colour scan
fixated?
I really want to understand better.
All knowledge is golden, someone wise said.

Cheers
Hoppy