Subject: [Leica] New pic from Hoppy
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Sep 15 14:35:09 2006

Philippe, that's simply several adjustment layers so that I can view back
and forth comparing the effects. I also used one mask in
this last instance, which was for selectively removing some Gaussian blur
effects where the skin tones weren't.
So for the layers for example I can view the image with or without the
colour de-saturation by hiding that particular layer. Masks,
I am just starting to learn.

This all would be an atypical case, though, where I might normally crop to
my A4 360ppi printable file, check levels, curves, and
any spotting as needed then sharpen as relevant for my print output.
Still, my normal scan yields a 120MB 16 bit TIFF, which crops to ~66MB for
my output.
Of course I just flatten any adjustment layers into the final. I also work
entirely in 16 bit with the adjustments.

For Luis, this might represent 30 mins spent on one image, My normal might
be 5-10 mins.
Photoshop is simply my print darkroom and as we all know producing a good
print involves some work, skill and attention. Photoshop
and inkjet output gives you enormous control and of course extends to colour
which I could never hope to do in a wet darkroom.

Cheers
Hoppyshop