Subject: [Leica] Why I need a M8?
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri Sep 15 18:48:37 2006

>Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006
>From: "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au>

>Luis has just illustrated just how much of that film he could acquire for
>the >cost of a new digital and lens.
>I'm with you, Luis, swimming hard upstream and going more retro each week.
>I >just have developed my first film from my M3 and it was
>a wonderful experience just to use that classic and appreciate the tool as
>well >as the output. Working on a Rollei!
>
>Cheers
>Hoppy

I'm swimming with you guys.  My M3 is my dream camera.  That quick focus,
smooth shutter release, pleasant snick, and buttery wind is psychic therapy
for me after fighting with menus and buttons and bulk on my work cameras.
I get to enjoy the experience of taking a photo twice - once when I use
this marvelous instrument, and again some time later when the image
appears.  Double the fun of digital. So I enjoy darkroom work after sitting
at a monitor all week.

Alan

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer