Subject: [Leica] Trying to understand M8
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Sep 16 10:42:14 2006

Hi all,

I'm sorry but I'm absolutely ignorant about digital, I've read the report
for the M8 and I'm trying to understand three points:

1.- Viewfinder framelines: If you fit the M8 with a 28mm, the frameline you
will see on the M8 would be the 35 mm focal length frameline?

2.- What is the purpose of the 6 bit coded lenses?. If I put an "ancient"
lens on the M8, it should work as well with manual and automatic mode?

3.- If the ISO range is from 160 to 2500, and I'm used to be with i.e. 100
ASA, this implies that the minimum ASA for digital is 160?. On this case a
lens with a f stop of F4 could be the equivalent about 3,4/2,8 for a 100
ASA.

Could someone clarify me these points?

Thanks in advance,

Saludos desde Barcelona