Subject: [Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun Sep 17 14:27:47 2006

On 16/09/2006, at 4:16 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

> Oh, my aching wallet. . . I'm going to be watching tests and
> reviews, and gauging my emotions and finances very carefully for a
> while.

I've been doing that re the DMR for some time.  Now I'll need two
wooden crosses.

Up till now each Leica purchase has been satisfying - each new item
has expanded the system and complimented my earlier expenses.  Buying
an M8 or DMR will not be like that.  They would supersede very
expensive and perfectly functional equipment that I enjoy using.
Then there'll be the ongoing fight between the lobes of my brain,
"Use slide film! You'll want to project this",  and "Use digital!
You'll want the feedback", each time I reach for a camera.  Oh, and
the other one, "Use digital!  It cost a fortune and film will just
cost you more now."

Rick.

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .)
Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .)